Australian Government Response
The Australian Government is committed to ensuring that children in institutional care are safe and protected from abuse.
On 13 June 2018, the Australian Government tabled its response to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. A hard copy of the Australian Government Response can be obtained by filling out this form.
The Australian Government Response acknowledges the courage of the survivors and victims of institutional child sexual abuse, as well as their families and supporters. It also acknowledges the work of the Royal Commission in helping to create changes to ensure that children are protected from child abuse in all institutions now and in the future.
The full version of the Australian Government Response and individual chapters are available to download below:
- Australian Government Response – Introduction [PDF 380KB]
- Australian Government Response – Introduction [DOCX 136KB]
- Part two: Working With Children Checks Report Response [PDF 380KB]
- Part two: Working With Children Checks Report Response [DOCX 131KB]
- Part three: Criminal Justice Report Response [PDF 565KB]
- Part three: Criminal Justice Report Response [DOCX 168KB]
- Part four: Redress and Civil Litigation Report Response [PDF 292KB]
- Part four: Redress and Civil Litigation Report Response [DOCX 137KB]
More information about the Australian Government’s response, is available on the following pages:
The Australian Government is addressing the Royal Commission’s recommendations in partnership with states and territories to ensure children are safe and protected from abuse.